Updated June 3, 2014
Some say “less is more”- and I’ve read some memorable, short-and-sweet About Me pages. Since I’m not one to heed good advice, I’ll go with the rambling approach and see who is left by the end. Ready?
This is a writing blog, so it feels weird to give personal info, but I know the curious nature of people, so here goes:
- I’m in my forties, but my mind refuses to accept it.
- I have two sons who regularly remind me of my age just by their height and shoe sizes (who are these giants who have taken over my little boys’ bodies? And where is all the food in my fridge?!)
- I love animals and have two dogs and three cats who graciously allow me to live with them and pay all the bills (Aren’t they sweet?)
- I like all colors, but purple is my favorite. (Shhh…don’t tell the others.)
- I lived in Phoenix for over twenty-five years before relocating to the cooler climate found further north (not all of Arizona is HOT!)
- I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, but I work in insurance…with computers (Oh, the irony…)
Now for some writing facts (if anyone is still reading…)
- My first real interest in writing was in high school. I started writing poetry because my friend, Holly, was a prolific poetry writer. I kept writing because I enjoyed it and actually wrote one or two decent poems.
- I took a creative writing course in college that turned me off to writing all together. I didn’t write creatively for about nine years…that’s when a poem accidentally happened, and I started a novel several months later. (No, I haven’t heard of learning to walk before you run.)
- I have repeatedly failed to write a novel. I finally conquered this failure by writing a complete novel several years ago. It’s unpublished, but one day, I might put effort into changing that.
- I write lots of short stories because they fit my attention span.
- I overuse commas, love ellipses, adore parentheses, and am a huge supporter of semi-colons (That’s right- I even wrote a post about them!)
- I’m a closet writing prompt addict. I started with Trifecta (my ‘gateway prompt’), but moved on to Yeah Write challenges in 2013. Sometimes I participate in Lance’s 100-Word Song, and have been tempted to dabble with others. I’m still able to function in society, but if given the chance, I’d be holed up in a dark room with my laptop, furiously responding to prompts. Sad, I know.
- I love to write poems with photo inspiration (I’m not a photographer, but I love taking pictures of God’s world!)
- I try my best to allow my faith and hope to shed light on the positive side of life. Negativity is not allowed to roam here. No matter what I write, I don’t take myself too seriously. (That doesn’t mean I don’t ever write creepy or depressing fiction, though.)
- Once a week (on Sundays) I like to write about my spiritual journey. Unfortunately, life and procrastination have joined forces to limit these posts lately. But it’s still a goal!
- I’m not a master at many things, but I am an expert procrastinator. (Look at me; tooting my own horn…I’m getting better at it!) Proof: I have two novel ideas that I started as serial stories on this blog and both are unfinished and barely progressing.
- I’m terrified of “officially” publishing my work, which is why I’m starting to submit stories for publication in 2014. The rejection is doing wonders for my confidence.
If you think you’d still like to read more, I add new posts 2 to 4 times a week. My posts are willing to stalk your email box for free! All you have to do is click the “Sign Me Up” button in the side bar. I don’t know why you’d do that, but, hey, you’ve been warned :lol:
Thanks for stopping by my place and catching a glimpse of my life and writing journey. I hope you will visit again soon.
If you have something to say, please leave a comment or you can click here to send me an email.