Debbie, at Musings by an ND Domer’s Mom recently passed along the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award to me. I’m not into amassing awards (good thing, ‘cause I’d be a miserable failure), but I do like to play along with these challenges.
The “rules” for ‘accepting’ this award are slightly more difficult than “breathe in and exhale” but not as daunting as proving the Pythagorean theorem. Here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award;
- List 7 random, little-known facts about yourself; and
- Present the award to at least 1 other sweet blogger.
Thanks for thinking of my blog for this award, Debbie. I appreciate the opportunity to play along. Lookie there, one rule completed and crossed of the list already – and I didn’t even break a sweat.
Okay, seven random, little-known facts about myself. *Gulp.*
I guess I can’t quit now.
Without delving too deep into my Cave of Secrets, I was able to come up with seven things that are definitely random, are probably unknown (there’s a reason for that, you know) and may even be a little interesting (or revolting, depending on how your look at them). Here go the random facts:
- I don’t like getting fresh-cut flowers. I get sad when they die and can’t bear to throw them away.
- I never earned any athletic awards (you can’t win if you don’t play) but I did receive two medals in music competitions playing the clarinet in Junior High and High School.
- I once ate a five-pound tub of chocolate chip cookie dough in less than a week. (I was pregnant and purchased the dough to support a charity, so it was for the greater good ;))
- I’ve never sent a text message.
- I have almost no depth perception (which may explain my lack of athletic ability and the number of tires I ruined learning how to drive. Darn curbs.)
- I can’t add without counting on my fingers.
- Speaking of digits on my hands, my left thumb is double-jointed. Proof below. Can you do that? My right thumb can’t.
I don’t want to exclude anyone from the fun. Here are the choices:
- If you’ve done this challenge before, leave a comment with a link to your post – I’d love to read your seven facts.
- If you want to accept the award and do your own blog post – great! Can you leave a comment with a link so I can read it? I’m nosy. (There’s a bonus fact for you.)
- If you don’t want to do your own post, but are willing to share seven facts about yourself, you can do so in a comment to this post. (Pleeeeaaase….did I mention I’m really nosy?)
- Finally, if you only participate when called on, I’m singling out five blogs, in random order. (Only one person participated on my last open challenge – thanks Momsomniac.)
Oops. I guess that was six…I ran out of fingers.
I’m all about choices here. What’s your poison?