Last month, I had fun making a list of things that make me feel old, and then balancing it out with things that make me feel young. I thought of more things to add to the list. Unfortunately, it’s a lot easier to come up with things that make me feel old than things that make me feel young 🙂
Things that make me feel old:
- Pulling a muscle putting on my tennis shoe
- Getting an e-mail with the letters “ROTFLOL” in it and Google has to tell me what it means
- Realizing said e-mail was from my MOM!
- Being passed on a hiking trail by a white haired man with a walking stick. Could’ve been a cane, but that sounds so much worse. It was definitely a walking stick 🙂
- Skinny jeans (do I really need to say any more?)
Things that make me feel young:
- Reading Goosebumps books with my son…and enjoying them
- Eating hot fudge sundaes …with whipped cream and sprinkles
- Hanging out with friends – no children
- Writing (it’s been a passion since high school)
- Remembering addition, subtraction and multiplication enough to help my son with grade school homework. (When he gets to Algebra, I’m outta here…letters belong in the alphabet, not math).