Yesterday was a good day for my manuscript revisions. I trimmed four pages off my manuscript. I still have at least 9 more pages to cut to get it under the 100,000 word max for my genre (mystery). With around 100 pages left to review, I think I can get there. If not, I’ll catch it on my next round for sure.
I’m still revising my query letter too. I’m on a sixth version and I don’t think it’s ready yet. I’ve had feedback from several people with some good opinions. I know I’m overthinking it and making it more difficult than it should be, but I can’t stop myself. I’ll have another revision ready for critique soon that addresses the concerns raised. Unfortunately, I’ve probably created new problems. It’s a learning process.
I still need to rework my synopsis too; I’ve put that off for a while. I’m good at procrastinating sometimes. I’ll get to it right after I clean my bathrooms, balance the checkbook, vacuum my floors and check out some writer’s blogs.
I think I’ll start with the blogs!