Eleven Questions from Jeanne
I hardly ever participate in the blog awards that go around, mainly because I get headaches after scraping the barrel bottom to come up with mildly interesting facts about myself. Most recently, I have ignored didn’t participate in awards from Debbie at Musings by an ND Domer’s Mom and Becca at Lady or Not…Here I Come.
Sorry, guys. I am a loser. There. I admitted it!
I don’t post the award badges on my blog, either. I’ve maintained that it’s because I enjoy writing and people reading and commenting is enough for me. It’s also true that I’m too lazy to add another widget to my sidebar. Besides, I don’t want to get a big head, thinking I’m better than I really am. Once I realize my greatness, I’d have to turn my blog into an exclusive club where only members could read my too-good-for-the-public posts. (For those who are new around here, that last bit was complete sarcasm and expresses the views of my son’s cat.)
I’m skipping the Trifecta weekend prompt because I can’t commit the time to read everyone’s posts and vote this weekend. Instead, I decided to play along with the Liebster Award that Jeanne at a nola girl at heart recently named my blog to receive. She made it easy: all I had to do was answer eleven questions. I’d like to thank Jeanne now for recognizing my blog and for picking such fun questions to answer.
I’m not officially accepting the award because I couldn’t possibly narrow down 11 blogs to pass it along to. I read many more than that and they all have something I think is worthwhile.
1. What happened today that made you smile? My friend’s plans changed so we can meet earlier tomorrow. I got a close parking space at Costco tonight (my smile faded by the time I squeezed through the doors, though.)
2. What is your favorite all time movie? Tough one. My favorite ‘old’ movie is It Happened One Night. My favorite color movie…there are several that never get old….but I’ll go with Sleepless in Seattle.
3. Do you have a favorite dessert? Anything with chocolate…extra chocolate (no nuts)
4. If you could retire anywhere in the world where would it be? Somewhere near water. After spending most of my life in the desert Southwest, I’m dried out!
5. Are you a winter or summer person? It depends on where I am. In Arizona, I detest summer because it’s too hot to do anything. Here, I prefer fall – it has the best temperatures of any season! If I lived in a ‘normal’ place, I suspect I’d like summer best. (Did you see what I did here? I turned a simple one-word answer into an entire paragraph with extra useless information.)
6. What’s the last book you read? The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman.
7. What’s your favorite book? I couldn’t possibly pick just one. I like most of Mary Higgins Clark’s books, though.
8. Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? Merry Christmas.
9. What’s the longest vacation you have ever taken and where? In college, I spent a month in California with friends and we spent a week in Hawaii, too. There was an earthquake the day I left CA to come back home. It scared me enough that it took six years for me to visit there again.
10. Are you still friends with any of your childhood friends? Not really. I do exchange Christmas cards with one friend from seventh grade, but we don’t talk or write other than that.
11. What’s the weather like where you live today? Some people in the U.S. might hate me for this right now (namely the ones buried in snow) but it’s sunny with a high of 78 degrees. (We survived 110+ degree days in the summer, we deserve a break!)
Enough about me…can you relate to any of my answers? How would you respond? I’d love to know more about those who read my blog, so I hope you’ll leave a comment to share :) Have fun!